Chris Spheeris’ Piano for Sale
Yamaha S-400B 6’3″ Grand Piano (handmade series)
Located in Sedona, AZ
Gentle private studio use by professional recording artist Chris Spheeris.
Always kept in proper maintenance, current piano technician Henry Miller. http://henryspianoshop.com
Includes Player/Recorder System:
- QRS Pianomation version 1.3 – player piano system.
- Gulbransen KS1 – MIDI Out interface.
- Viscount RD-70 – MIDI recorder & player.
Statements from Piano Technician Henry Miller
- Overall: Very good condition.
- Cabinet & Finish: Very nice. Black Polyester [high gloss].
- Action: plays very well, “a little activity” as expected from an ’85 piano, but is negligible.
- Hammers: Minimal grooves. Tops of hammers have been polished, filed, voiced, ironed – crisp sound.
- Strings: good condition.
- Tuners: tuned up nicely.
- Player/recorder/midi mechanism: no affect on playability.
- Pedals: good [center pedal is disengaged].
- Soundboard: good condition.
- Dampers: work very well.
- Bridges: good condition, down bearing is very nice.
There are only two exceptions to note: the center pedal is disengaged and the very highest C is tuned to C#. Year is actually 1985 (I had informed Henry incorrectly in the video).
From Chris Spheeris
I only used the “player piano” mechanism a few times and was reassured by professionals that it does not affect the sound or playability. What the heck, I got to hear “Clair de Lune” a few times and did some MIDI things of my own. It probably still works, but I haven’t checked it in quite a while.
If you want to hear the beautiful tone of this piano, please listen to “Respect” available at CD Baby, Amazon.com, and iTunes. You can hear the rest of my music at those sites, or if you want to check my references, please explore this website.
For more information on the piano contact Eric Zang by emailing piano@ChrisSpheeris.com.